Before getting married in Mexico, you will need to know the general requirements outlined by Puerto Vallarta’s Civil Registry. While the requirements are minimal, it is wise to plan ahead and allow yourself plenty of time to gather the necessary documents. You may choose a legal ceremony that requires blood tests and legal paperwork to be performed within Mexico, or a symbolic or religious ceremony with a legal ceremony and paperwork completed in your home country.
Most resorts offer an onsite wedding coordinator to simplify either process, and a number of experienced wedding planners can be found online and are happy to guide you through the process. Either way, a wedding planner is usually an ideal approach- the bride and groom can relax while the coordinator handles all the details from catering to music.
Puerto Vallarta Wedding Requirements:
- Only Civil Weddings are legal and must be performed by a Justice of the Peace.
- Blood tests required.
- Certified copies of birth certificates: must be documented by the Mexican consulate.
- ID: passports, id cards, or tourist cards.
- If previously married: Must be divorced/widowed at least 1 year.
- Certified copies of divorce decree or death certificate.
- 2 witnesses over the age of 18: they must also have ID and copies of the ID.
- Recommend couples bring 2 copies of all documentation.
- Recommend arriving 5 days prior to wedding date for document translation.
- Residency requirement: None.
These requirements may change without notice, so it is advised that the Mexican Consulate in your city is consulted prior to planning your wedding.
Planning a destination wedding? Don’t forget your customized “Destination Love” luggage tags:
Who doesn’t love to travel? Travel buffs, frequent and occasional fliers alike will adore the practicality of this special little favor. Brides will love the touch of sophisticated whimsy these place card holders add to any reception table. Each plane-shaped tag is crafted of substantial chrome and is dotted with charming heart-shaped windows. Attached is a black adjustable leather strap. Each luggage tag measures approximately 3 1/4″ from nose to tail. Each luggage tag comes packaged in a black bottom gift box with sheer organza ribbon and retro luggage thank you tag. What a great way to thank your guests for traveling to your wedding!
Custom Destination Wedding Clothes and Accessories:
Leave a Reply